Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I <3 Albuquerque

A SWA computer malfunction at LAX granted me the gift of a day in Albuquerque. Tonight I catch my connecting flight to Lubbock.

While here I visited 516 Arts. Their current show is beautiful and inspiring. In particular, the installations by Amalia Mesa-Bains & Pepon Osorio, artists I immediately added to the EbM list of possible commissions. Really complex, thoughtful work.

I also met impromptu w executive director Suzanne Sbarge. First, all praise, she pointed me to Barelas coffee shop which has a great green Chile.
Second, she shared a slew of information with me about ways EbM can participate in the New Mexico arts community over the next couple years. <3

The wealth of amazing people I meet every day working on Earthbound Moon is unbelievably gratifying.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment