Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Member News: Confusion Bleue 2 & L'Albero delle Meduse


I don't just make art. Actually, I'm pretty new to art. Music led me a serpentine path here. And, truth be told, I see all my art projects as bands creating long-form performances. So, here's some happy news from that arena.

My improv jazz project with Nobu Stowe released this delicious cacophony, Confusion Bleue, in 02010. It now looks like we'll be recording a follow-up in late July, for another label. We'll be bringing back Ray Sage and Ross Bonnadonna for the album. With another player joining us in the studio, though, as yet, we're uncertain who that will be.

The album we recorded in 02009, L'Albero delle Meduse, looks like it will be released in Japan next year. That album features Italian reedman, Achille Succi; DC-based double bassist Dan Barbiero; and Baltimore's own Alan Munshower on drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment