Wednesday, September 16, 2015

NFP


Happy Birthday Earthbound Moon, NFP!

We are officially a Not For Profit organization, world! With luck, we will be granted 501(c)(3) status as a federally recognized tax exempt organization by the end of the year. That paperwork is next.

Last night, after the CBWP event, EbM enjoyed a small meeting. Carson, Amy, Alex, Zelda (our newest member at 3 months on Planet Earth,) and I chatted to discuss my upcoming visit to LA. I am only there for seventy or eighty hours, but the time is jam-packed with goodness.

Alex will be in town, as well, and so he and Amy and I are making an EbM pilgrimage to two of the most important places on Earth: The La Brea Tar Pits and Urban Light. Readers of this blog know I hold Urban Light dear, it is one of the great public sculptures of human history. I will rant and rave about it more when i get to LA, rest assured. 
The Tar Pits are even more magical as the birthplace of the TemporAleph, the birthplace of my annoying habit of asking people to take me to the place in their locale where time breaks down, where our inability to experience physics time (as opposed to physical, or linear, time) is overcome. Everywhere I have been on Earth there is Temporaleph, a place where you can stand and experience the past, the present, and the future simultaneously. over the last seven or eight years I have collected experiences of these places around the world in sound and image. Every place humans settle you can find one. The La Brea Tar Pits were the first place I recognized this experience, the dissolution of temporal linearity, drifting out of the confines of human sensoriality and into a place-induced expansion of awareness, a vista, a panorama not just of sight and sound, but of time, looking in all temporal directions at once.

We also discussed our two new programs, ESP and RIME, which along with EbR, M3OPUS (you will learn more soon!) and the Temporaleph project constitute our 02015/02016 "install" schedule.

I will intersperse more on all of these upcoming confections inbetween cloud posts in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment